This Event Is Now Closed.
Hurdles Coaches Forum
10am - 5:30pm Sunday 23 September - Advantidrome, Cambridge
10am - 5:30pm Sunday 14 October - Christchurch
Proudly supported by the HPSNZ Prime Ministers Scholarship programme, we are pleased to offer a North and South Island Hurdles Coaches Forum in 2018!
Event registration is fully subsidised for 2018-19 Athletics NZ Accredited Coaches thanks to the PM Scholarship.
Non-accredited coaches are welcome and encouraged to attend, however will incur a registration fee of $50.
All travel to and from the workshop is at the cost and responsibility of the individual coaches.
The programme is being finalised, however topics may include the following:
- Developing special endurance and speed reserve for 400m hurdles
- The new IAAF qualification system and its implications for coaches
- concurrent session for coaches who want to gain more knowledge on coaching technique for intermediate-level hurdlers
- Fueling, energy and the periodisation of body composition when training for multiple peaks throughout the year
- Proposal for 'knowledge-swap' groups
- Initiation of a domestic 'rankings competition' for senior hurdlers
More information will be available soon.